The national flag is one of the proud emblems of our country. By appreciating the US symbol, you’re showing respect for the country and the people who sacrificed their lives to protect it.
The triangle folding of the American flag is another way to display it properly without having to hang it anywhere, whether it’s a sleeve or grommet flag.
If you are confused about how to fold a flag for display, or you think it’s hard to do it without a partner, don’t worry. We’re here to assist you. In other words, you can fold it into a perfect triangle for display by yourself by following a few simple steps.
Moreover, you can use it as an amazing home decor item or a meaningful gift on special occasions. The results will make you proud.
Meaning Of 13 Folds - Why Is The Flag Folded 13 Times?
The 13 folds procedure of the US flag represents long-established principles. Each of the 13 folds holds a special significance that is one of the greatest symbols of our country.
- The 1st fold is the symbol of life.
- The 2nd fold is the belief in eternal lives.
- The 3rd fold is to remember veteran people that devoted their lives to the country. It gives honor and gratitude to the veteran.
- The 4th fold represents our faith in God and His guidance in times of peace or war; expresses our weak nature.
- The 5th fold is a tribute to our country.
- The 6th fold represents all Americans’ allegiance which is indivisible to our country, to the symbol of the United States of America, one nation under God.
- The 7th fold is to honor our armed force for protecting our country and against all enemies.
- The 8th fold is a tribute to who left this life to the valley of the shadow of death; also honor our mother on Mother’s Day.
- The 9th fold is for all wonderful American women, who devoted their life with faith, love and loyalty to making great US citizens and contributions to our country.
- The 10th fold is dedicated to all fathers, who also contributed to the generation of brave sons and daughters for the protection of our country since they were born.
- The 11th fold symbolized the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob for Hebrew citizens.
- The 12th fold is an eternal symbol that honors God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- And the last one, the 13th fold when completely folded with the stars are on the top, reminds us of our national motto, “In God We Trust.”
How To Fold An American Flag For Display - Folding In Easy Way
This wonderful thing will not be difficult even if you are alone. You can do it by yourself easily following our helpful and simple steps.
Step 1: Lower the flag down the flagpole
Do it slowly and reverently. Do not let it touch the ground.
Step 2: Place the flag on a flat space except the ground
You should lay it on a table of a suitable size. Make it flat and wrinkle-free when put on the table. And it must be face up with the field blue on the top.
Step 3: Fold the flag vertically
First, fold the lower striped section over the blue field.
Bring the bottom edge up to meet the top edge. The two edges will meet, the bottom will now be a fold.
Then, bring the folded edge up to the top edge to create a second fold. At this time, you can see the starfield on both sides; the blue field will be on the left and the red and white stripes will be on the right.
Step 4: Make the flag into a triangle
For this step, first, make a triangle fold by bringing the striped corner of the folded edge up to the top edge. The outside edge of the folded one aligns with the top edge. Fold the pointed corner over to form a second triangle.
Then continue folding the triangle until the length. In the end, only the blue field is visible. There are 13 folds in total with the special meaning mentioned above.
Finally, tuck the end into the open fold.
Step 5: Display the folded one in a case
The materials of the case depending on your choice. Wood, plastic, steel, etc. You can put it in a triangle-shaped display case to decorate your home or give it to your family and friends with beautiful boxes as an awesome gift. Moreover, custom display cases with name on it also make the gift more significant. It will be perfect military products on any occasions.
In addition, you should store it in a dry place, avoid dust and clean it regularly to keep it new. Don’t let it fall to the ground. Keeping it well is also a way to honor the national emblem as well as our country.
» See Also: Memorial Day Flag Selection
How Many Stars Should Show On A Folded Flag?
There is no official regulation on the number of stars for display. It depends on each branch of service Army, Air Force, Marines, Navy, and Coast Guard, the number of stars is also different.
However, usually, when the th US flags are properly folded, they should have 4 stars pointing up on one side and 6 doing so on the other side.
Displaying flags also has some certain rules that you should follow. Therefore, it would be great if you could fold by yourself perfectly and make an excellent finished product. Create a beautiful one to show your patriotism and respect to our country and National pride in the best way.
I have dedicated my career to unraveling the captivating stories behind these symbolic emblems. With a deep fascination for history, culture, and symbolism, I explore the stories behind each flag, weaving together narratives that celebrate their uniqueness and global significance. Join me on this enthralling journey to uncover the mysteries and intricacies of flags from around the world.